The Hubs, Boo, and I reside in the suburbs of Philly, right in the path of Hurricane Sandy after she made landfall in New Jersey. My office and Boo’s daycare were closed Monday and are still closed today so the whole family has been holed up in our little house while we wait out the storm. Thankfully, we made it out unscathed and are extremely grateful for that. Our thoughts go out to those who have not been so lucky. That said, how did our little family survive the storm? Here’s how…
1. Get the toddler hopped up on lots and lots of sugar, because nothing is better than being stuck in the house with a hyperactive 2 year old.
2. After the sugar rush, ensure a complete sugar crash to give Mommy a few moments of sanity.
3. Make sure you have all your ducks (and fish, and turtles…) in a row by having tubby time before the hurricane makes landfall. (Note to Mommy that the grout needs cleaning, oops!)
4. Dine in your feetie pajamas while Mommy wonders why the storm is making landfall before bedtime.
5. Watch storm coverage with Mommy and beg for an episode of Bubble Guppies while Mommy wishes bedtime was an hour early. Instead, Mommy and Daddy made it a half hour early.
6. After bedtime, Mommy and Daddy carve & draw pumpkins and wonder how bad the overnight damage will be.
7. Assess the damage the morning after. Just a couple of tree limbs on the shed, no damage, thank goodness!
And that, my friends, was how we Survived Sandy!